Wednesday 19 March 2008

I'm used to seeing plenty of wildlife from the boat, but it's good that I'm getting more in my own back garden, mainly due to the fewer number of cats around nowadays. I like to think this robin is the same one I've been seeing for a few years; this winter I've hung a bird feeder from the cherry tree, and he's been pretty good about chasing off any other customers... a bully, but a tiny cute bully, I guess.

Boat trip back to Langley is possible this weekend, if anyone is interested...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! I wonder if the robin was attracted to that orangey pedal cos apparently they're very territorial and will respond to any patch of red.
- Carrie

Simon said...

he was hopping all around my tiny garden, occasionally up to the bird feeder hanging from the cherry tree above. Lovely company, althoyugh he does chase away other birds trying to get to the feeder. ;-)