Monday 1 November 2010

Urk for sale



I suspect we all see boats occasionally that we would love to have, whatever practical or financial circumstances - Urk is one such, first seen around Little Venice, and then on Saturday whilst hitchiking a ride on Herbie from Ware to Hertford (and having a lovely time too). Seeing a for sale note in the window caused a bit of a 'what if' moment; if anyone has forty grand and is wondering what to get me for the festive season, I wouldn't say no... I'm a fickle type, though, and in a very Mr Toad type way seeing the lovely and much loved broads cruiser 'Gaia' in Brentford today turned my head too... ;-)

Anyway, here's a vague view of the lovely rear cabin bulkhead of Urk; who could resist?

2 comments:

Halfie said...

Jan, for one, could resist - she'd say she couldn't see over the hump! And would it really fit under low bridges? Like the one in Hertford? Of course, if it isn't even narrow beam ...

Simon said...

5' 10" air draft, seems reasonable to me - and only eight tons, too.

9' wide, but I'm often accused of 'widening' locks on the way in so, given time, that'll be less of a problem...

You get extra points for the comment on the previous post, though. ;-)